Leaving your job

Leaving a job with an employer participating in the plan? Find out what you can do with your plan contributions.

Transfer your service to another plan

If you start working for a new employer whose pension plan has a transfer agreement with the Teachers' Pension Plan, you may be able to transfer your service to the new plan.

There are deadlines for transferring service. Contact the plan to see if you are eligible and find out about these deadlines.

You can only transfer your service if you keep your pension with the plan. You cannot choose this option if you transfer your pension to a locked-in retirement vehicle or take a small benefit refund.