Apply to transfer service earned in Alberta before 1995
Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service earned from working as a teacher in Alberta before February 1, 1995.
Submit the form
- Complete the Interprovincial reciprocal agreement (information part 1) form online
- Print and sign it
- Attach a clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity
- Send the completed form and a copy of your identification to BC's Teachers' Pension Plan
You can use this form to transfer service to the Teachers' Pension Plan if:
- You are transferring service earned from working as a teacher in Alberta before February 1, 1995
- You apply within the transfer agreement deadline
If you earned service as a teacher in Alberta on or after February 1, 1995, or in any other teachers' pension plan in Canada at any time, submit the Interprovincial reciprocal transfer agreement (appendix A – application) form instead.
If you earned service in any Canadian public sector pension plan that's not a teachers' pension plan, submit the Pension transfer application (appendix A – transfer information request and authorization) form.
A clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity.
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Valid photo BC Services Card
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian marriage certificate (with date of birth)
- Valid Canadian passport (photo page)
- Valid Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence
Related content for applying to transfer service
Acceptable documents to prove your age and identity