Apply to transfer service from a (non-teachers') public sector pension plan
Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service from a public sector pension plan that's not a teachers' pension plan.
Submit the form
- Complete the Pension transfer application (appendix A – transfer information request and authorization) form online
- Print and sign it
- Attach a clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity
- Send the completed form and a copy of your identification to BC's Teachers' Pension Plan
You can use this form to transfer service to the Teachers' Pension Plan if:
- Your previous employer’s pension plan has a transfer agreement with the Teachers’ Pension Plan
- The pension plan you're transferring service from is not a teachers' pension plan
- You apply within the transfer agreement deadline
You cannot use this form to transfer service from a teachers' pension plan.
If you earned service as a teacher:
- In Alberta before February 1, 1995, submit the Interprovincial reciprocal agreement (information part 1) form
- In Alberta on or after February 1, 1995, or in any other teachers' pension plan in Canada at any time, submit the Interprovincial reciprocal transfer agreement (appendix A – application) form
A clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity.
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Valid photo BC Services Card
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian marriage certificate (with date of birth)
- Valid Canadian passport (photo page)
- Valid Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence