Apply to transfer service from a teachers' pension plan in another province
Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service from a teachers' pension plan outside of BC.
Submit the form
- Complete the Interprovincial reciprocal transfer agreement (appendix A – application) form online
- Print and sign it
- Attach a clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity
- Send the completed form and a copy of your identification to BC's Teachers' Pension Plan
You can use this form to transfer service to the Teachers' Pension Plan if:
- You are transferring service from a teachers' pension plan outside of BC
- The service you are applying to transfer was not earned in Alberta before February 1, 1995
- You apply within the transfer agreement deadline
You cannot use this form to transfer service earned as a teacher in Alberta before February 1, 1995. Instead, you must submit the Interprovincial reciprocal agreement (information part 1) form.
If you earned service in any Canadian public sector pension plan that's not a teachers' pension plan, submit the Pension transfer application (appendix A – transfer information request and authorization) form.
A clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity.
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Valid photo BC Services Card
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian marriage certificate (with date of birth)
- Valid Canadian passport (photo page)
- Valid Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence