Retirement health coverage and you
Support your health and peace of mind. Learn about the coverage options available to you as a retired member of BC's Teachers' Pension Plan.
You may be eligible to enrol in the extended health care and dental plans if you are:
- A retired member receiving a pension from the Teachers' Pension Plan
- A permanent resident of Canada
- Covered under your provincial health insurance plan
Your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s) may qualify for coverage if:
- You are eligible for coverage under the extended health care and/or dental plan
- They are covered under their provincial health insurance plan
If you are receiving a pension as a beneficiary of a plan member, you may qualify for coverage. Contact us for more information.
Moving to a new province
If you move from one province or territory in Canada to another, you are eligible for coverage if you:
- Were already enrolled before you moved (or had continuous coverage under a different plan)
- Notify us of your new address within 60 days of your move, and confirm the date of your move
- Enrol in the provincial health insurance plan of your new province or territory
Moving to a new country or returning to Canada
If you are moving out of the country and will no longer be a permanent resident of Canada, you will no longer be eligible for retirement health coverage through the plan. You may be able to reapply for extended health care and/or dental coverage if you return to live in Canada and apply within 60 days of your return.