COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Submit a form to update your Canadian bank account information

Send us a form if your bank account information changes so we can continue depositing your monthly pension payment directly into your Canadian bank account.

Submit the form

  1. Complete the Direct deposit authorization (for retired member or beneficiary) form online
  2. Print and sign the form
  3. Send the form along with a void personal cheque to BC's Teachers' Pension Plan

Next steps

Keep your old account open until you receive your first payment in your new account.

Another way to update your bank account information

Sign in to My Account.


If you are receiving a pension, you can update your Canadian bank account information using this form.

To update your U.S. bank account information, see Apply for direct deposit to a U.S. account. Members living outside Canada and the United States receive their pension payments through Western Union GlobalPay Payee Manager.

Required information
  • A void personal cheque


If you do not have personal cheques, take the Direct deposit authorization (for retired member or beneficiary) form to your bank to make sure the information on the form is correct.

Related content for updating your banking information

Pension payments and dates