Submit a form to buy service

Use this application to apply to buy back your service from a leave or periods when you worked but didn’t contribute to the plan.

Use the personalized purchase cost estimator in My Account to find out how much it may cost to buy your service. It will also tell you how much your monthly pension benefit may increase.

Submit the form

If you are not eligible to apply to buy service online, you can submit the Purchase of Service Application form.

  1. Open and save the Purchase of Service Application form.
  2. Complete part A.
  3. If the leave was granted by a former employer, submit the completed form to the employer that granted your leave; your former employer will complete Part C and return the form and documents to you.
  4. Send the completed form to your current employer. Your employer may request additional documents to complete your application (e.g., pay stubs or a letter of hire). Your employer will complete Part B and send the form to the plan.


Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement.

If you have chosen to continue contributing to your pension while on an approved leave of absence under the Employment Standards Act (ESA), you will receive regular statements about once a month.


Use this form if you are applying to buy back service for:

  • A leave of absence, either as a lump-sum payment or through continuous contributions
  • Non-contributory service
  • Arrears
Required information
  • The type of service you want to buy
  • The start and end dates of your gap in service


Your employer can help you find this information.

Related content for starting the process

Buying service for a leave

External link to employment standards

Government of B.C. Employment Standards

Check your request

Did you know you can now check the status of your service request using Message Centre? You'll find the link on your My Account dashboard.

Sign in or register now