How to apply to become a limited member

Your former spouse must become a limited member of the plan if they want to receive their share of your pension directly from the plan. Here's what they need to do.

If your former spouse wishes to become a limited member of BC's Teachers' Pension Plan, you or your former spouse must submit:

  • A Form P2 Request for designation as limited member
  • A copy of your complete, signed separation agreement or registered court order (if neither is available, send a Form P9 Agreement to have benefits divided under part 6 with the application form)

Related content for becoming a limited member

Sign in to My Account

Divide your pension