Pension Life - Winter 2021
Green Shield Canada has you covered
Green Shield Canada (GSC) is always looking for ways to make life simpler for their plan members. With that in mind, here are a few helpful hints and reminders.
GSC’S new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system
During the summer, GSC launched their new IVR with technology that makes it an industry first in Canada. This change creates a smoother and more secure experience when contacting GSC. New features include:
- Voice biometrics – You can authorize the use of your voice as a means of caller authentication. Your voice is unique, like a fingerprint, and is more secure than setting a verbal password.
- Plan design integration – The IVR can identify your plan design details and eligibility once you’ve been authenticated.
- Natural language process – so rather than pressing numbers to access menu options for information, you can simply ask a question like, “What are my massage benefits?” to retrieve information about your coverage.
This is the same technology you may be familiar with when calling your bank, and is used by numerous entertainment, financial services, retail, and airline companies around the world. GSC is excited to be bringing it to the Canadian benefits industry to enhance their plan member experience. You of course still have the option to speak directly with one of GSC’s agents if preferred.
Claim submission deadline
GSC always encourages submitting expenses as soon as they are incurred, but they understand that sometimes this is not possible, or that receipts appear months later. If you still have expenses to claim:
- Health claims for expenses incurred in 2020 can be submitted to GSC for reimbursement as long as they are received by GSC no later than June 30, 2021.
- Dental claims can be submitted to GSC for reimbursement as long as they are received by GSC no later than 12 months from the date the eligible benefit was incurred.
Your health deductible
The start of the new year means the $200 per person health plan deductible resets and must be satisfied again before you begin receiving reimbursement for your claims.
For more information on your plan coverage or online services navigation, please connect with GSC’s Customer Contact Centre at 1-888-711-1119, Monday to Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT.