Pension Life - Summer 2021
Don't let the summer stop you from learning
This summer, when the temperature starts getting hot, why not find a breezy spot in the shade, lean back in your deck chair and engage in some continuous learning about your pension?
First, if you haven’t already, take a few minutes to register with My Account. My Account offers secure access to your pension information such as payment history and annual tax slips. It also allows you to carry out tasks such as opting in for digital communications and changing contact information.
Next, visit the Articles section under Learning resources. There you’ll find some tips and tricks that could help you with some of your important decisions about tax, health care and even future work opportunities.
- Thinking about teaching on call or starting a new career altogether? If so, “Working after retirement: what you need to know” gives details on how returning to work could affect your health care coverage or taxes. (Have no concerns about your pension; you’ll continue to receive it no matter your employment situation.)
- Haven’t yet signed up for the plan’s extended health and dental coverage? It might not be too late. Read “Don’t miss the boat on health and dental coverage.”
- Interested in the plan’s investments and why responsible investing is an integral part of the plan’s investment approach? Check out “Investing for your future.”
- Wondering about the cost-of-living adjustment (COLA)? This important non-guaranteed benefit of being a plan member helps ensure your pension keeps up with inflation, meaning its buying power isn’t diminished over time. Read “Adjusting for inflation” to learn more about this important benefit.
- Want to know more about how retirement affects your tax situation? Taxes are never fun, but they play a vital role in supporting the public services we all rely on. Read “Six tips for tackling your tax return in retirement.”
If you have questions you can’t get answered on the website or My Account, please don’t hesitate to contact us; we’re here to help.
Related content for don't let the summer stop you from learning